How to get Clients for Digital Marketing in 2021? [EXTENSIVE GUIDE]
Digital Marketing has been one of the best ways to increase brand awareness. sales and profits in this decade. Moreover, in the duration of the pandemic, the need of digital marketers has risen exponentially and has opened more and more opportunities for aspiring marketers to put their skills into action. In this blog, we’re going to talk about how to get clients for digital marketing as a freelancer or agency.
Table of Contents
LinkedIn has forever been known to connect various people across the globe. Apart from socializing among the users, you can also apply for various jobs on this platform. We’re not going to talk about jobs here, we’re going to tell you how can you find high paying clients for digital marketing on linkedin as a freelancer or agency in some simple steps:
Choosing remote jobs increases your chances of getting the job easily, which is great if you are starting to find work here on LinkedIn.
Apart from this, LinkedIn allows you to form and maintain connections. You can post upcoming jobs, your personal ideas and everything related to whatever you are doing and even advertise it on LinkedIn. LinkedIn has really secured its place in this business. There are literally more than thousands of users at a given time.
Everybody knows what the presence of such a large number of users indicates. While this offers more job opportunities, it also increases the competition. It is for this reason alone that you should only contact people for jobs which you know you can do well and provide them with your best service.
One thing that you always have to keep in mind on LinkedIn is that you have to customize your network and keep it updated with time. Even though not many people realize its importance, it still helps you benefit from LinkedIn and easily get clients for Digital Marketing.
LinkedIn can provide a very useful platform if you use it wisely, therefore if you are looking to start freelancing full-time, do consider using LinkedIn to maximize job opportunities and get high clients for digital marketing.
When you want to post about your business or find out about different businesses to contact them for appropriate jobs, you can go to the explore page and then search whatever you need to do. In this case, if we suppose that we want to find top businesses to work for, we simply search for it and get desired results. If you are looking for specific businesses, you can filter your search for it then.
It is usually preferred that you target the right jobs. Analyze your potential, find a suitable project and then work your way up. Twitter has been around for a lot of time and hence has a lot of noteworthy personalities. If you are offering any service, be sure to post about it on the platform and spread it as far as you can. Who knows, you might end up having too many projects to handle at a time!
You should keep in mind to update your profile with time and never ever forget posting a profile picture. You should establish your presence and not even have to think about it. Finding freelance jobs on Twitter and LinkedIn gives one an upper hand, as one gets noticed not only on the Freelancing platforms, but also on these social media websites.
Also, you can increase your brand’s awareness by posting valuable content daily on this platform, and get high ticket clients for digital marketing through that. Delivering value should always be your top priority because that is how you will attract more clients for digital marketing.
Remote Job Portals
Another excellent way to reach out to clients is through remote job portals.
Basically, these are websites which provide you with roles. The best part is that you can be anywhere in the world and work on a job remotely.
Another advantage of working remotely is that you do not have to go to an office to work. You will be able to work freely from home.
This option is even more suitable if you want to work on a foreign website since it broadens your spectrum by a lot.
However, it is not easy to find Remote Job Portal websites that can offer you good clients and a broad range of them, hence, we have selected some of the best Remote Job Portal websites that you can search for your desired type of clients on…
Here are some of them:
This is a remote only board for developers living across the world . This will be a great place to get clients for digital marketing with if you are starting off new.
This is a very vast website that has over 45 remote job categories, ranging from freelancing professionals to full time jobs to small gigs or contracts, this website has all the jobs to offer you
With a minimalistic layout, this board has all the sorts of Remote jobs that you can get. This has some of the best clients and you will get the option to choose from a vast range of clients.
Here are some tips related to Remote Job Portals:
- Dedicate your time to the process of finding clients, but you do not need to look through all the clients and decide from the best, the best way is to narrow the client list down to a few that meet your demands and then choose from them.
- Try making your resume strong, you will need to stand out from the rest of the people in order to get the job. After all, it is you who is requesting to take the job, rather than the client asking you, you will need to make yourself appear special and as an asset that will be beneficial to the client.
Social media Platforms - Instagram, Facebook and Quora
Another great way to find clients for yourself is to find them on social media platforms. With over billions of users, social media websites have all kinds of users, many of them are your potential clients.
Some of the most famous platforms are Instagram, Facebook, and Quora. All of them are unique in their own way and require you to approach your clients differently from the rest. Now we will explain all about clients on these platforms in detail
Instagram is the largest social media platform in the world right now. With the right strategies, you can find the perfect clients for yourself. First off you will need to plan out and build a strategy or a plan on how you will want to reach out to your target audience. This comes only with proper market research. Another way to reach out to clients is to engage in certain activities that will make Instagram recommend you to your clients. This is due to the manipulatable nature of the Instagram algorithm. Consider reading this blog post to know more about making money and getting clients with Instagram.
- Put your affiliations on a specific expertise on your profile. Think of it as if someone was taking an interview and you are explaining your credibilities and specialities to them.
- Focus on the topics and threads related to your own field and answer questions regularly on the threads, this will make you gain popularity and people will be interested in talking to you and hiring you because you will be recognized as a reliable person by them.
- You can create your own quora blog to focus on the topics that are relevant to your field and post about it there, this will also boost your popularity.
- Help you discover the best strategies for your approach towards clients
- Discover which spots have the best scope and which do not
- Build an effective plan for your business to meet your desires
- You need to provide a 24/7 support to your customers, this will make them happy and hence they will become more loyal to you
- You will need to focus on more than just metrics and graphs.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning is also an important tool that can be used to help you understand the funneling algorithm better and faster
- Focus on narrowing your target audience to the types that will be more interested in your products than others. There are some excellent videos on the internet that explain how you can use funneling to your advantage. Like this one.
A cold email is an email which is sent out without prior permissions from the person you are sending it to. Cold email is one of the best ways to enhance your business, since it is affordable and scalable to a large extent and get high. ticket clients for digital marketing
A cold email is in no way similar to a spam email. It is a personalized email sent to a specific person. It is sent to a person after doing proper research.
A great way of personalization can be explained with an example:
- You have to research ads coming up on certain keywords
- Next, you can open the ads and review the landing pages there and create a video with a software like Loom.
- After that, you can send it to the person over his mail.
- Remember to follow up, 80% of the times, you won’t receive a reply. So, you can just call them up and tell them something like, “I’ve found some issues with your landing page that can reduce conversions on your website and I’ve sent it to you on this mail ID. Can you please check?”. Saying this, you show that you’re interested in working with him/her and you’re providing value upfront.
Here are some ways you can start using cold mailing to your advantage:
Build a list of all the people you are planning to mail-
You will need to narrow out the list of people you are planning to cold mail, this is because you need to focus on your customers’ qualities and to tailor a custom mail for them, and this takes time, so you will need to narrow the list down to a few to make it easy for you.
Learn how to write amazing emails. Remember that the first impression is the last impression and you will have to make it worth the time that you put into it. You should make the email concise and eye catching. It should invite curiosity.
The reason is that, there are thousands of people offering the same services because of which everybody has to keep low prices. If you offer a very high price for a service that somebody else is providing at half your price, the client would probably try out that person.
Although, when you work for a client, you should always keep in mind to maintain your relations with that particular person because if you provide that person with good quality work, in stipulated time and keep them happy, if they ever need something else done, they will not go and look for another person on such a website but will directly contact you for the project for which you can demand a reasonable sum of money.
Freelancing websites will help you find projects and form relations with clients which really helps you get clients for digital marketing.
The best way to get a good client at the beginning is to offer your service at a reasonable price and work really hard to meet the expectations of the client. Once you have established good relations with a lot of people, you will start getting job offers whenever they are in need of your service. You should ask yourself a question every time you are working, Will You call yourself back on account of this?
Facebook lead forms
By this time, you would’ve probably tried to run Facebook ads where you redirect your clients to a landing page and want them to fill your lead form. Sometimes you might ask yourself, isn’t this a long process? Well, Facebook has provided us a better alternative for this, they are Facebook lead forms. We’ve personally seen increased conversion rates and we get new leads sometimes for as low as 0.8$ (INR 50). Here’s how to create a new facebook lead form:
Go to your Facebook campaigns and create a new ad:
Frequently Asked Questions About How to Get Clients for Digital Marketing
A. No, it is not very difficult to get clients outside of platforms as one can easily get connected with other people.
- 1. Twitter
- Freelance Websites
- Remote Job Portals
- Cold Mailing
- Facebook Lead forms
A. The best way for freelancers to get clients is through word of mouth. Apart from this, the other ways are the social media websites like LinkedIn, Twitter and also, Facebook.
- The best to get new clients fast are
- Work hard and establish your presence
- Be creative and offer different and unique services
- Work with a calm mind and do what you feel will have a good impact
From selling items online to increasing brand awareness for a pet store, digital marketing is needed everywhere so you need to understand the potential and act according to it. We hope that the points mentioned above proved to be helpful to you and answered your question on how to get clients for digital marketing.